Project Controls & Project Cost Estimating Services
King County’s Wastewater Treatment Division needed to optimize its capital project estimating capabilities to ensure that cost estimate information is efficiently and effectively communicated.
- Apply changes to contingency policies and practices
- Identify improvement measures and implement methods to improve planning-level cost estimates
- Develop additional planning-level cost estimation guidelines
- Develop techniques that use historical information to inform estimates of the likely costs of projects
- Employ methods and use services that facilitate independent validation of early cost estimates
To support this objective, VMS is managing a team of sub-consultants to provide process improvement, technical project control and cost-estimating services for the County.
- OBJECTIVEProject Controls & Project Cost Estimating
- TEAM7 VMS Members
- LENGTH OF STUDYOngoing since February 2016
- Analyzing and improving cost estimating and project control tools, techniques and business workflow
- Developing a basis of estimate and cost estimates for King County’s Conveyance System Improvement and Combined Sewer Overflow program updates
30years of long range budgeting and rate projections
- Upon completion, King County will receive the professional and technical knowledge and skills to plan and control resources, costs and risk of projects from inception to contract closeout
- VMS is working with the County to pilot system improvements on select projects allowing them to engage in continuous refinement prior to implementing them throughout the organization.